Sunday dinners are sacred in many homes. I can remember growing up in Santa Maria and every Sunday night without fail, we were at my grandparents (mom's parents) house enjoying a family dinner with any family in town that weekend. It would range from fresh vegetables (you haven't had a broccoli until you've tried California-fresh from the farm- broccoli!) and bbq ribs/steak/chicken and of course, some random filipino dish and of course...RICE! I can still remember those dinners coupled with some sunday night tv and cousin bonding. Well honestly, my cousins weren't so nice to me when I was younger, but thats another topic for another day.
Anyways, when I was at Salem, they had Sunday family style dinners as well. I loved the chicken cordon bleu and roasted potatoes! These family style dinners were phased out when the Rat was re-decorated my sophomore year and I think by then I was used to eating out on the weekends.
So when I was at USF I had a meal plan but on Sundays, I vowed to always cook myself dinner and enjoy it while I watched the ABC line up (Housewives and Grey's). I remember finding different recipes for me to try like Chicken Parmesan and various types of recipes. It was exciting to me to cook for myself and i truly enjoyed that time in the kitchen. And when I was in that Holly apartment--it was an amazing kitchen!!!
But when I moved to Kosove and at USC---I just had the smallest kitchens (I didnt even have an oven at USC!). The small kitchens were uninspiring and seriously made me feel sad. So I stopped my sunday traditions and just made due.
Well, now in my new apartment I have an amazing kitchen (Holly apartments was still the best though...)! Today, I officially resurrected my Sunday dinner tradition. Which brings me to the main part of my post...what did i eat???
---------------------------------------------
Baked Turkey & Mushroom Spaghetti (fat free cheese, wheat pasta, lean ground turkey, Prego)
Whole Wheat Bread w/Light Butter Sread & Garlic salt w/ parsley
Salad Mix w/ FF Raspbery-pecan dressing
1 glass of Pinot Noir
................and for dessert....Weight watchers Pineaple Dream--only 1 point!!!
---------------------------------------------
It was an amazing dinner! It was soooo delish!!! Can't wait to plan for next week :)
Pineapple Dream Recipe
Fat free vanilla pudding mix
1 cup of skim milk
Fat free plain yogurt
Fat free vanilla yogurt
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained
Mix it all together and refrigerate :)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment