Monday, October 26, 2009

A brand new start....

Today is a start of a new day. I have made a big decision in my life. Call it a step in the right direction. I have also decided that this blog will document my new life. So get ready to see some new changes in my blog.

Anyways, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time. 2 years ago when I started my first professional position, I felt that it was time to take hold of my life and start to actively do my best to lose weight and change my life around. I did really well at first. I was monitoring my weight and I was hitting the gym atleast 4x a week. It worked. In a few long months, I lost 20 pounds. I had never looked better! (Trust me the pictures during that time were great!)

Unfortuantely, a break up, a new relationship and a newfound social life de-railed me. BAD. Basically, its been 2 years since I started that program and I am back to day 1. However, I learned a lot during that time. Things will be different this time around.

For one, I have a buddy. Its my grad student and we work in the same office. We plan to hold each other accountable and attend meetings together. Secondly, Its not going to be that big of a change. When I first started this journey 2 years ago, the whole concept of watching what you eat and reading labels was like being in another country. This time around, I know the good habits of eating...I just have to put it in practice. Finally, I have the confidence that I can do this if I put my mind to it. Last time around, losing weight was an unknown to me. But now...I know I can do it because I have done it. I remember the feeling of my pants being so loose on me that they practically were falling down. I remember how much energy I had everyday because I was working out and eating right. Oh...and I remember how clear my skin used to be....Most importantly, I remember the confidence I had. In fact, I think that confidence was what helped me take charge of my life and leave my ex and find my Prince :)

So yes, I am taking a larget step in a new life for me. Its going to be a long, hard road. But its a road that I am looking forward in taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment