Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hang with the Goode family on Wednesdays at 9pm!


If you haven't caught The Goode Family yet then you do not know what you are missing! Its a lil of Family Guy, Beavis and Butthead, King of the Hill with a social conscience. It brings up so many green values that people should really listen to.


My green tip of the day would be to Get to know your neighbors. Get involved in your community. Make your neighborhood a better place to live. So don't be shy, go out there and introduce yourself to somebody! Attend a community meeting, a local event and buy from local vendors.


I am on this tip of trying to buy as much veggies and fruits from local farmers. I attend farmers markets and do my best to only shop at grocery stores that support SC farmers. SC is in a really bad state financially and I need to do my part to help boost the economy. Most importantly, its healthier and more socially conscious to buy from local farmers. Think about the low wages that 3rd world countries are paid to be laborers for cheap food? Also, what about the pesticides used to drive the product down in price? I know its hard when you have nothing in your bank account...trust me, I've been there. But the benefits outweigh the negatives in the long run. I am sure of it.


I can't say that I am completely different or have gone to the extreme. After all, as the Goode family motto states..."Its so hard being Good".


No comments:

Post a Comment