Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yay 2009 graduates!

Congratulations to all the 2009 graduates! Another school year has come to an end. I have yet to find out my grade for OAG. It better be an A--i will not accept anything less.

Anyways, currently at a graduation cookout with C. I love his friends and when we get together its always slamming food. However, I am always the minority in these situations. For one, I am usually the only American...thus I am the only one that speaks English. Now it doesn't mean there is an influx in Angolans here in Cola--its more that internationals cling together like Asians, blacks, mexicans etc. So because of that factor--everyone is far more interesting and exotic that me...not used to that--i mean that was usually my job back in they day when I was the only non white & non black at parties.

This melting pot of languages and cultures makes me feel like an outsider sometimes. I guess I should get used to it--this is what Angola will be like if I end up moving there. Hopefully there I will have easy accessible internet to blog my feelings away. Good thing C is going to be a telecommunications engineer : )


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment